Biomark X, an intuitive and transformative real-time PCR platform
Maximize productivity with minimal effort
Real-time PCR, also referred to as quantitative PCR (qPCR), has become the standard in many labs for accurate, sensitive and precise detection of both DNA and RNA targets. For many researchers who employ this technology, automated workflows provide the added benefits of cost savings, ease of use and standardization. Enter the award-winning Biomark™ X, a transformative platform built on proven microfluidics technology to seize the power of real-time PCR across a broad range of applications.
Powerful—Multiple applications together with flexible throughput options deliver maximum data output.
Integrated—Automated workflow with sample-to-answer to answer solutions consolidated on a single platform.
Proven microfluidics technology
Integrated fluidic circuits (IFCs) form the backbone of the Biomark X™ system, supporting different configurations of samples and assays for multiple applications. Each Dynamic Array™ IFC is precision-manufactured to exacting standards of performance and reliability. Standard BioTools™ IFCs empower genomics research by automating molecular biology in nanoliter volumes. These reduced reaction volumes mean using less of your precious samples and assay reagents, lowering cost while achieving the high-quality, consistent results your work depends on.
Dynamic Array IFCs supported on Biomark X
Broad range of applications
Biomark X and a portfolio of IFCs and reagent kits facilitate a broad range of applications and throughput needs using real-time PCR. The versatility of the platform allows both standard assays such as the Advanta™ Sample ID Genotyping Panel and custom assays produced using D3™ design services. Additional assays and sample-to-answer solutions are also available through a Developers Program that delivers customized assay design, panel design and automated solutions.
Optimize lab efficiencies with workflows requiring just 2–6 hours depending on the application with as little as 30 minutes hands-on time.
Biomark X performance data
Power your potential
The opportunity to accommodate experiments from research to validation heightens your ability to move readily from challenging questions to meaningful answers. Biomark X empowers more informed decisions with efficiency and agility.
A modern load-and-run user interface provides ease of use and software-guided operations for walk-up usability with minimal training.
- An intuitive interface for an effortless user experience
- Guided step-by-step operations with minimal operator intervention needed
- Automated reaction and sample setup consolidated on a single platform
Hallmark of performance
The facilitated workflow allows simple loading of each IFC, and Biomark X handles washing, preamplification, sample mixing, real-time PCR and reporting, enabling earlier discovery and informed decision making.
- All-in-one platform includes sample-reaction mixing, IFC control and processing, and real-time PCR applications.
- Capability to rapidly collect large amounts of data, up to 192 datapoints, from every sample
- Ability to generate up to 9,216 datapoints per run
Biomark X offers optimum throughput with minimal required lab space, maximizing the real estate in your lab by packing the ultimate in power into a very small area.
- Multiple Dynamic Array IFC options enable flexibility for more targets per sample and more single reactions per run.
- Revolutionary sample-to-answer workflow supports streamlined laboratory operations for ultimate productivity.
- Minimal reaction volume provides additional cost and sample savings.
Make your mark
The technology supports development and creation of custom assays, leveraging the powerful benefits of Biomark X into a wide range of options for real-time PCR testing and investigation.
- System flexibility is key to enabling of future applications on the same instrument platform.
- The open platform is compatible with multiple SNP genotyping and gene expression applications.
- A Developers Program and D3 design services enable customized sample-to-answer solutions.
We’ve got you covered with Standard BioTools PRO Services.
Get big answers with microsized technology.
View the summaries of the latest microfluidics publications, and learn how customers are making a difference in their labs.
Complete the form below to be contacted by a Standard BioTools representative for more information or a quote on the Biomark X.
We are confident you will be just as excited as we are about Biomark X. Provide us with your contact information below.